Are you new to fundraising and looking for a
friend and mentor in the profession? Or, are you an experienced fundraiser and
want to help a newcomer to the field? The AFP Houston Mentoring Program is a
terrific way to give back to those who are new to fundraising, and to increase
your skills and confidence as a newcomer to the field.
1. Have a minimum of five years in the profession.
2. Be available for an initial face-to-face meeting with your assigned mentee.
3. Be available for follow-up by email and phone.
4. Provide guidance and direction about strategies and where to go for help.
1. Be a member of AFP-GHC
2. Be responsible for initial contact with assigned mentor.
3. Help establish goals and objectives
for mentoring relationship.
If you would like to be assigned a mentor or become a mentor, please email Nan Duhon at
firstname.lastname@example.org and note AFP Mentoring in the subject line of your email. You should include your resume and a brief statement about where you are in your career, where you are hoping to move in your career and a statement that explains what you are looking for in a mentor.